What is your online refund policy?
Subject to the below exceptions, SGS Engineering is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 60 days of delivery. Your refund will be credited to the original payment card on the day of request but may take up to 14 working days.
Unwanted goods must be returned in a fully re-saleable condition and any packaging must be intact. We reserve the right to refuse an exchange or full refund if goods are not returned in a re-saleable condition or are damaged. If these conditions are met we will gladly offer a replacement, exchange or refund. Refunds on promotional goods purchased under a promotional offer will be based on the terms of the promotional price. Our 60 days returns policy is in addition to the standard 14 day returns offered by the Consumer Contact Regulations.
If for any reason you believe your product is defective please notify us immediately on 01332 576 850 or via email. If your product is faulty or covered under warranty any carriage costs incurred shipping the goods back will be refunded up to the amount of £5.30.
Upon receipt of your order you are advised to carefully inspect the package and goods to ensure they are intact and complete, before signing for receipt of delivery. Should you find the parcel to be damaged or incomplete you must refuse delivery of the goods.
Please report any damaged or faulty items to SGS within 24 hours of ordering and provide any information requested (eg photographs) within 24 hours.
If you have ordered the incorrect part or wish to return an order we will gladly exchange the product free of charge with just the carriage to pay. Some parts may be subject to a restocking fee - this is normally 20% of the product value.
How do I return a product?
Please follow the instructions below on our returns page before returning any goods.
We require all returned goods (defective, damaged, unwanted or otherwise) to be sent back to us in the original condition they were received in, with all accessories, manuals and the original packaging. Items that are being returned purely because they are no longer wanted should be returned in unopened packaging. SGS retain the right to refuse a refund or charge an appropriate fee for items that are returned without original packaging and/or without accessories and manuals.”
You can return unwanted items via your local postal service or we can arrange for a courier to collect the items. Collection may require a payment up front which would be fully refunded in the event of a product defect or warranty claim.
- In the event of a product failing, your first course of action should be to contact SGS Engineering using the following web-form: Returns Form
- Within 6 months of purchase date: Once the fault has been established and deemed impossible to be solved on site, SGS will arrange for collection of the item at cost to the customer. This will refunded in full if the item is found to be faulty.
- If the machine is being returned it is the customer’s responsibility to drain all fluids from any product. If fuel or oil is left in the machine, the courier we use to collect the product may quarantine the product delaying delivery. Resulting additional charges and fees will be passed onto to you.
- If the machine is being returned it is also the responsibility of the customer to package the machine securely, and to print and affix the returns label we supply via email to the package. The courier will provide shipping documentation on collection. The repair and replacement of the machine will take place within a reasonable period of time during standard weekday business hours.
- Pre-collection photos of the item unpackaged and packaged ready for collection will be required. This is a courier requirement to protect you just in case the courier damages the item on the way back.
- Please note that if the item has a non-warrantable fault the customer will be charge for carriage both ways, parts and labour.
Parts only supply:
- If a machine can be repaired on site we may send out replacement parts under the terms of the warranty. To achieve this we must have photographic evidence of the faulty part / damaged area, clearly highlighting the defect or by having the part returned to us. Photographs can be attached to the Returns Form.
- If we are to send out a new part before we have either the faulty part or photographic evidence we will charge for the new part. When we receive the faulty part back we will test the part, if the part is found to be faulty due to a manufacturing defect we will then refund the purchase price and shipping of the replacement.
How do I cancel an order?
You may cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery, however, you may receive your order before you have time to cancel it.
All total prices for goods and services at the checkout represent the total, VAT-inclusive price payable by the customer for those items. For deliveries to the European Union (EU), this price includes VAT (or VAT equivalent) at the relevant rate. VAT exempt customers should contact us with their VAT number for a refund.